Monday, January 15, 2018

10,409. NOTHING BUT ONIONS LEFT

NOTHING BUT ONIONS LEFT
There we go around the bend again and
you've scrambled my eggs instead : the
charcoal man wants to come back but I
tell him once, 'It's Winter,' and he leaves.
-
Over where Thomas Edison lived, there 
was a dig, in late fall, of the outlines of his 
house, to see what could be found.  didn't
go because I thought it was bogus.
-
They're all supposed to tell us what was 
found but to date no one said a word : I 
take it that means nothing. Had they found 
something they would have been crowing.
-
I can't go home again in this condition. My
Indian friend Patel says I look like a waste. 
I tell him his best friend Bhat says the same 
about him. You know those foreign types by 
now, right? Incidental wayfarers are coming
about, and I don't mean sunglasses. There's
nothing but onions left.

No comments: