Wednesday, January 3, 2018

10,364. TARRAGON

TARRAGON
I have a devil of a time with names.
I have a devil of a time with money.
I have a devil of a time, it seems, with
everything normal. But that's just me;
I neither makes rules for others, nor
abide by any. Sometimes I can recall
things as if they were yesterday, and
other times it's just a fog. Savannah,
Georgia, and St. Augustine, Florida,
two good examples : in each place I just
ended up to wander and found wandering
to be the end I wanted. I can still recall
each bit and shading. And then, last
week right here, I saw something but
cannot remember where I saw it, or
hardly even what it was. Ain't fair.
-
Down there, obviously, in those two
places, it had to do with the architecture.
Not so much the people  -  they were 
all the same, mostly, and just traveling, 
like me. In Savannah, some perfectly
gorgeous tour guide was telling a small
group of  -  it seemed, perfectly disinterested  -
tourists about some nearby courthouse in a
central square. I wanted to scream at the
jerks to pay her some mind. But I stayed
quiet, and just went along my way.
-
But, my point still being, I can remember
so perfectly what is receding away; what's 
here, by contrast, I have to fight to recall.
So near...and yet so far away.

No comments: