Tuesday, January 9, 2018

10,384. THE BRUSH-UP

THE BRUSH-UP
Michael Greers went at it again,
him and Tommy Malone  -  grappling
like fishhhooks on the pebbly ground,
punching and pushing together. If it's a
fight, with those two, it's ever a bad one.
One lives on Jackman Street, that's Greers,
the one slightly bigger. Malone comes from
Alpha Place, 'round where the old Irish
live. His sister's a queen, and a nice
looking one too; their mother's a running
witch, and dad drinks. Greers' father's a
cop, if you can believe, and everything 
Michael does wrong gets covered over.
Even this fight; if it weren't for me,
you'd have never heard. I stand and
watch, thinking of strategy and what's 
in it for me. Is my silence worth anything 
to these clowns? I think apparently not  -  
so I tell, you, him, anyone who listens. 
Those two were fighting again, and 
Greers chipped a tooth. I could ask for 
some time with Tommy's sister, but that's
family stuff and it would probably get me
punched up too. Greers has got nothing 
I'd want and his daddy's badge don't cover 
for me. So I'll just go on my way, telling 
everyone I see, about the fight I witnessed 
where they  both looked bad and they both 
fought like kids. How Malone can't take it, 
and Greers can't give.



No comments: