Tuesday, January 16, 2018

10,412 TIMOUROUS ATTITUDE

TIMOROUS ATTITUDE
Your timorous attitude will never 
get you to the carnival : the roller- 
coaster eats kids and the scrambler 
mangles babies. While the adults 
romance each other as they stand
at the cotton-candy booth. Quarters
and dollars and a teddy bear too.
-
Here comes Jeremiad Fingle, I just
made up his name  -  in a ten year
old mini-van dented and bare. He
glides in with some room to spare, 
jumps out of the van says, 'Is my
Sally here? If she's with him again
I'll kill the somnabutch twice! And
if I catch her she's dead.
-
The park police ranger guys comes
over, rubbing his gut : 'Now you just
get right back in that heap and drive
outta' here now, and ain't no ve-hicles
allowed. If that's one - I can't quite tell.'
-
Hey, what the hell, even I thought the
cop was out of line. But three punches
later on the ground he's a'lyin. So much
for that  -  but at least the god-damned
mini-van is gone.

No comments: