Tuesday, July 22, 2014

5606. OPENING THE RIVER

OPENING THE RIVER
Rating the formula, I am a Teamster informer.
I kill to play : all my trucks are parked on the siding.
The Ingle Brothers are playing cards on the hood of
the yellow GMC.  I have a hot line always open 
to my friends in undercover cars.
-
I once knew a girl named Janie Culp. She lived
in the trailer camp way down the end of my street.
We walked, as young kids, for miles, holding hands.
Too young for anything else, or, anyway, too stupid to
know. One day she just disappeared. Where her
trailer used to be was just an empty lot in the
middle of other trailers. What a sorry life.
-
There was a tiny little diner, not far off, run by
the Agolio family. Bonnie. Janie. Sharon D'Angelo;
they were all friends of mine together. Now it's
all gone away  -  far-off are the days of yore.

No comments: