Wednesday, July 30, 2014

5631. DIRIGIBLE FEATURES

DIRIGIBLE FEATURES
Even the most rotund, even the roundest design,
still has discernible edges and lines. The blob in
the sky, slowly creating, coming over us, floating
by, has a shape I recognize. The shape of mankind.
And lies. That's the shadow over everything.
-
My last mistake was designing the hour I wished :
a number of minutes, overhung and elapsed, allowed
to build on themselves. Being something we are not.
Oh, I do not like noise. That goes as well  -  give me
a silent brood, if you must brood me at all.
-
The man in green with the derby hat, he looks
like he's going to a show. Unfortunately for him, 
and me I guess as well, his 14th Street car alarm 
has gone off again, and he's fumbling for some keys.
That's the shape of panic, and annoyance. A combined
and featureless landscape imparting  -  to the forlorn  -
just another bother to have to deal with. I know I cannot
egg him on, but  -  Jeez!  -  turn off that car alarm.

No comments: