Saturday, July 5, 2014

5544. AS OFTEN

AS OFTEN
As often as I'm at my best, I'm just as often at my
sub-par worst. It runs like that; part of the same
equation's bolster and weaken, fighting together
to stun each other. The yin/yang of all things and 
the color of Life itself. 
-
In the background, I hear someone playing 'Shenandoah'.
That old tune is languid and slow, just right for me
and the things I want to do  -  a crawl of some horn
sound or another I don't even know. It's nonetheless
redolent of hundreds of other sensations in me.
-
The world is littered with skunks and odors. The
fine debris of blown-out train, tipped and wasted
while passing through some darkened tunnel. Everyone
on board, oblivious to their fate, just keeps on playing
cards while thinking they're getting somewhere soon.

No comments: