Sunday, July 27, 2014

5622. IGNATIUS BLOOM SAYS WHAMMO!

IGNATIUS BLOOM 
SAYS WHAMMO! 
It is in not getting things right that mistakes come in,
entering through an envious porthole when we're paying
little mind. I tried keeping this secret, but now the
secret is out. Those girls from the theater, yes, yes,
they're all pretty and sound  -  my just look at them 
now  -  but I wouldn't know what to do with them 
if I had them. Do they practice lines? Can they get 
their parts right? Do they understand the motivation 
of what they propose to emote? More gently than this,
I cannot be. The corpse in act one already has to pull
the trigger in act three. That's just the way it goes.
-
I love my Palomino Blackwing pencils. They really
are great for drawing : strong, black line, no breakup,
steady lead, a really great travel along the paper's
surface. It makes a difference, and one that more
than only I can see. Ignatius Bloom was once in 
a house. Now he is under it, and flat, and cold.
-
Consider that scenario, and then send the actors out 
for their supper and maybe a two-hour break before
we once again rehearse an evening's worth. Sooner
then later  -  I hope  -  we'll actually get it right.

No comments: