Monday, July 7, 2014

5554. LOVING YOUR APPEASING WAYS

LOVING YOUR 
APPEASING WAYS
The meters were piled high with money this early 
morning day; we walked the idle lane while talking
all the way. Your zoot-suit bicycle you pushed. The
new light came slowly over the edges of tomorrow.
-
There couldn't have been another way  - while the bus
pushed past and the idle taxis waited for the convenience
store coffee to happen. I saw two men arguing, while
another ran away. A motorcycle skittered by.
-
When I awoke today, I realized it could be the one
when everything was different  -  a newly-defined 
world landing at my feet. I'd already decided no matter
what came I wouldn't take the bait. The train was
running twenty-seven minutes late. 'An outrage
a day!' the guy next to me had muttered.

No comments: