Monday, July 28, 2014

5626. MY MISMATCHED GLOBAL EMERGENCE

MY MISMATCHED 
GLOBAL EMERGENCE
(the universal soldier)
Perhaps I came out sunning,
perhaps not  -  what chance that
these differences matter? I do not
know nor tell, nor, then, say there
ever was a difference at all. No
real-time difference; that's for certain.
(The psych man says 'it's all in your 
head.')...My broken spoke, it has now
so far advanced unto a poetry of a
senseless jumble wherein the Andy
Hardy words of old are all now
disappeared. Frankly, Mr. Shankley,
I can no longer see or hear  -  not
anything, nothing, no. Entering now
another entry, do you see these
words at all?
-
I see you drink your Coke and Pepsi,
starlet. Outside of such encumbrances,
(oh wild and willing world), there is
nothing left. Just like Uncle Tungsten I
am heavy and bored or light and proud.
-
All of these categories I now proclaim
to forget! Those 100 references endlessly
made anew  -  the shank of a Civil War
battlefield, the bloodletting of a war a
century before. I hold in my hand a sword
from Ypres, a blank grenade from the
Ardenne Forest. I do not get them nor
do I purport to understand : the men
who die for valor and bravery, the
stupid fools who listen, the ones who
find their names on yet another list.
-
This battlefield monument is bleeding my
eyes while mothers creep, looking anew
for their sons to weep, for nothing more
than a false recall. (We kill a one, 
we kill them all).

No comments: