Thursday, July 10, 2014

5566. THE LAST TIME I PUT CAKE IN A BLENDER

THE LAST TIME I PUT 
CAKE IN A BLENDER
Like Marie Antoinette or someone else so brave, 
my big mouth caused trouble in the army. I never 
got up  for taps. I always slept through reveille. 
My motto was, 'don't do it if you can'. 
Conundrums, forceful  and bold.
-
My last two weeks in Paris were spent in
two feet of snow  -  drifting, like a wave. It
curled and it twisted. No one knew a thing
about safety, or what they should be doing.
The men came out with gigantic forks, to
shovel out the drifted snow. In my best
French, I tried to say 'you really should
bring out spoons.'
-
Now, the harbingers of Spring are gone,
and the harbingers of Autumn have not yet 
arrived. Somehow, oh somehow it seems,
I am stuck here stranded, between the 
two once more.

No comments: