Wednesday, July 9, 2014

5564. MY RELIGIOUS PAINTING

MY RELIGIOUS PAINTING
Why did I go where no one had gone before?
How did I know I'd be missing? An artist needs
a face in order to draw a portrait  -  I had nothing
but old shadows on a wall. They took my attention
away. My concentration would never waver.
-
I studied the nose, the outlines, the marks on
the faces : does an angel need always have wings?
Or will just a heavenly heart do the trick? I painted
the transparent essence of what it was I saw. My
visions were twofold, in that I was gifted with
seeing everything twice. As if crossing a bridge -
in one direction - I always knew I had to come back.
-
You elicited praise from both monsters and dead 
men. Unfortunate for me, they were both directing 
their things my way. I cannot wrestle with divine 
beings. A Jacob I am not.

No comments: