Sunday, July 27, 2014

5620. NOW THAT EVERYTHING AROUND ME

NOW THAT 
EVERYTHING 
AROUND ME
I can't understand the fusillade, the ships, the noise, the
crowds. I simply watch in awe as everyone comes forth.
So many people. I had not thought death had undone so
many. Here we stand then, remainders of a stand.
-
Thirty years before you, I was still born twice.
Over you, a mountain loomed  -  look back to it now,
my friend, and try to understand. Now that everything
around me is talking, I cannot grasp a thing. I am mute.
-
Myself. Here. With nothing to stay : Just to strike a pose,
poise a stroke, praise a strike, all that heavenward stuff.
I am not the one for passing time away. I feel to much to
just be idle. Let me look away, tend to the fiery kettle.
-
Now that everything around seeks meaning, I see there 
is none. The man in the velvet jacket, posing as a sheik,
buys cars with his forward intentions. He claims to need
the best; to take them home with all the rest. He rules a
tiny kingdom, filled with mites and oil. Alas, aloha, ahem.

No comments: