Sunday, November 27, 2022

15,798. PADDLIN' MADELINE HOME

PADDLIN' MADELINE HOME
(history in the making)
I picked her up at the shoe-shine stand,
where I'd caught a glimpse up her dress.
She smiled back with the allure of a
regular Genghis Khan daughter. Or
maybe it was that other guy, who 
crossed the Alps on elephants to
overtake the Romans? Hannibal, 
yeah. Did he have a daughter, I
wonder?
-
As it stood, there was nothing meek
about her, and we walked over to the
Nanety Arms Hotel  -  one of those
foolish places near Times Square, 
where even the leftover stale donuts 
reeked of sin. Yet you'd never know 
that stuff now unless I told you; the 
place is so clean today that even the 
wax figures in Madame Tussaud's 
don't have fingernails for fear they'd 
get dirty. It's all a long way off now,
and far, far away.
So, we got where we were going, and
she did take off her clothes, just like
I took off my own. The guy had told us
'twenty minutes, Buster  -  12 bucks',
and we used every one.

No comments: