Tuesday, November 15, 2022

15,767. THERE IS A MATCHING SERIOUSNESS

THERE IS A MATCHING 
SERIOUSNESS
As I sit by the fire this evening, 
the world outside turns white. A
snow, no different than any other,
slowly coats these vestiges of both
place and time. I have no quarrel
with that.
-
Red flames  -  licks of fire, really -
raise themselves upward, as tongues
would do if they tried to escape a
heat. There is a matching seriousness
to that, however: the flames are in
themselves the fire that the tongues
are trying to escape? How can the
difference of such duality be met?
-
I saw a grotesque grouping today - 
while waiting in a hospital lobby.
Of course, I was hoping not to be
told of my own sudden death, but
these two took my breath: A Santa
hat somehow sat on the head of a
'challenged' girl (well, my wife
said anyway, 'the girl is challenged'
and I said, 'Well not by me!'), and
the person she was with, obese to
an unhealthy fault, acted much the 
same. A regular tag-team game.
-
I realized right then, in a room full 
of others, how I was made to love
each. Every person I meet is a glory.
-
There is a matching seriousness to
this as well (and I have learned it):
To love everything, all, and all about
me, for its relationship to the whole.
It's quite simple to extend, and I
believe that time is the impulse to
go from worse to better; always an
upward arc.


No comments: