Tuesday, November 22, 2022

15,784. SELECTING THE AMBIGUITY

SELECTING THE AMBIGUITY
It's never easy; precision comes with
a knifepoint all is own and it's good
to keep it honed  -  yet not so precise
as perfection. I rather like the doubt
and imprecision when opportune.
-
I have a friend  -  named Brad  -  
with whom I often joke    the kind
of funny stuff only wordsmiths do.
One time we ran across an article
title : 'Dylan, Master of Enigma!'
-
Of course, that was all we had to
hear. We immediately jousted (I
can't use the N-word here, but it
was in fun) - 'Master of a 'N'! All
this time I thought I was free! this
guy tells me Dylan owns me?'
-
Not meaning to be offensive; like
Lenny Bruce my jests are pointed,
but real. It was funny, and it showed
to us the referential qualities of an
imprecision.
-
Today's hard-headed world has lost
so much  -  people can't jest, people
can't test. God forbid were Mark 
Twain or Mencken alive today:
They'd have so much to learn.

No comments: