Sunday, November 20, 2022

15,782. INTERDICTION, LEMONADE AND ROADSIDE SHRINES

INTERDICTION,LEMONADE 
AND ROADSIDE SHRINES
Frightful how they throw out the
baby  -  with the bathwater, as is 
said. In one sense, everything goes
down the drain. In another sense,
it's all very selective.
-
My days in Princeton still live in
me. Those early morning, freezing 
walks at 6am in 15 degree cold.
Some of that was pretty brutal, but
I did it daily : the Dinky, that little
train that travelled me around. All
those folks I knew and found!
-
Memories are dear like that. Don't
let anyone sell you short : coffee
at 7, people at 8. It was great! I
met a man who knew his way
around a grand cafe. I met a
sad poet who seemed always 
grumbling, and then he died. I
met another poet who was always
happy. To this day he still seems
that way. C. W. Williams, and 
Paul Muldoon, respectively.
-
See, you may think it's over, but
it all lives on in me.

No comments: