Tuesday, November 22, 2022

15,786. I'M BEGINNING TO LOSE THE LIGHT

 I'M BEGINNING TO 
LOSE THE LIGHT
Sometimes now, lately, I'm having trouble
staying to task; even writing becomes a
chore for another moment. But I fight that
off with an effort : Something comes back
from the heart of the moment and the rash
of the crowd. Take heart, my friend, take 
heart. I say these things to myself.
-
The canoe is overturned at the edge of
Williams Pond. It seems as if someone
just left it where it fell. Maybe a seam
is broke, or it badly leaks. Yet, it's sad
to see it there  -  the common objects
of an everyday, as they become cast-off
and forgotten.
-
The long, dirt road, right there by the
little bridge, looks better than ever to
me  -  reeds and grass, the tangled
things of a late Autumn day. There
are gunshots in the distance, so I
know again some fool hunters are
taking their paces. They gloat of
the deaths they inflict. To me it's
all just a conflict  -  to harbor our
nasty natures in the blind of killing
Nature. I'm beginning to lose the light.

No comments: