Friday, November 18, 2022

15,776. I'VE GOT THE NATTY FLU

I'VE GOT THE NATTY FLU
It's a brand new disease you should
never get  -  it starts as the flu and
ends in death. The only way to
vaccinate against it is by eating
filthy pennies; but who wants
that, and who can do it?
-
Playing cards with the devil is
not like playing cards with sinners
and saints. One has all aces, while
the other holds only 8's and 'aints.'
I'd rather be blessed with water
from Cana than drink the stuff
they proffer.
-
Can you hold my hand while I
go through this again  -  all these
actors and riders are making me
dizzy. I see shadows on the curtain
as they pass in silence by  -  their
acts are distant to me, but I don't
don't ever know why. I've seen too
many things to be as indeterminate
as all of this...

No comments: