Sunday, November 13, 2022

15,764. THAT MEDICATED HAND

THAT MEDICATED HAND
Outside of Sicily what else can you do?
Eating alone doesn't suffice. Along the
street there are signs  -  the chicken
roaster, the dairy place, tomatoes, and
souvenirs. A knife-sharpening outfit
that also sells guns. Pistola is the word
they use. If it means one, or more than
one, I was never sure.
-
The 'farmacia' was another story:
compounds and pills, elixirs and
droplets, and the girl behind the
counter was stunningly eye-catching.
'Oculista', is fully expected the sign
to change to. Pharmacy didn't do her
justice.
-
I told myself they're all the same; those
Eye-talian girls always turn out looking
like their mothers in 50 years: Bambinas
in name only; droopy, sagging, and blunt.
That's life! Yay for that! Now, where can
I buy a bandage for my wounded hand?
Weird how the word they use is 'fasciatura.'

No comments: