Tuesday, April 30, 2019

11,722. THEY SAY THE CARDS

THEY SAY THE CARDS
Wrist action, English on the ball,
reverse spin  -  any of those small
technical things  -  they'll tell you  -
can win your game. I wouldn't
know because I don't play. For
me it's all in the cards. I was
born on a leap-year Tuesday that
was running behind; a three day 
weekend at the home for the blind.
All I had were the fortune-teller's
gloves that she'd left behind and
her card pack of Tarot  -  bluebird
pattern, Wizard brand. Fine.
-
One card said I was goner, and in
combination with the hangman and
some other things about fire, the 
claim was I was doomed. Nothing
much to do on that count. Just give
it up. I turned in my room-key too.
Figuring nothing for nothing, I kindly
asked  - about this lake that was
mentioned; what kind of water? And
how about fire? I'd been to Lake
Gennesaret once, as it was burning.
-
My wild card was the five of Sinbad. 
My legend read, cryptic for sure, 'He
arrives in a dash of wind, survives two
storms, and perishes in an unlikely
situation.' So much for that, Madame
Blavatsky. Tell me something I
don't already know.

No comments: