Thursday, April 4, 2019

11,660. LET'S SMOOTH EDGE THE PSYCHOPATH

LET'S SMOOTH EDGE
THE PSYCHOPATH
There was a time I never went anywhere
without my suede jacket. I wore that
through thick and then, and just as well
I swore that it could stop a knife. Not
that I was ever in danger like that, but,
hey, you never know. Standing on Eighth
Street for an Orange Julius, all sorts of
rievers floating by : the Friday night
crowd from Rononkoma. Anything
might have happened. The Chinese
girl I was often with wore a long scarf,
and sometimes a long coat too  -  with
a gun in it. A small bore pistol, almost
a Derringer. Her uncle had been slain
in some Chinatown blitz, and that's all
she ever had to hear : Chatham Square.
There was a movie out, sometime back
then, called 'Bring Me the Head of Alfredo
Garcia.' I always teased her. 'Bring me
the body of Lucy Mae Wong.'

No comments: