Thursday, April 18, 2019

11,698. THE PINNACLE OF NON-ACHIEVEMENT

THE PINNACLE OF 
NON-ACHIEVEMENT 
Yes, it's true, I invented air; it was
really nothing and before me, I don't
actually know what was there, but
there must have been something. I
also wanted to invent water, but it
already had been done, and then all
the things which come from that  -  
rain, beer, swimming, even 'walking
on.' Most of the fun was gone out of
that one. So I turned my attention to
trees. That must have been a good one;
if you ever notice, they've really never
changed in all these years. Oh, yes,
back to water for a moment  -  using
my deductive mind, I sensed that  -
'boiling' of that water having already
been discovered  -  someone must have
beaten me to the punch, as it were, by
inventing fire. Damn it all again. I'd
had all intentions of that being my
next idea, or is saying 'my next
invention' a far better rhyme?

No comments: