Wednesday, May 28, 2014

5410. ROTOMONTAGE

ROTOMONTAGE (O'Hara)
People talk. Tendentious claptrap nonsense
as they walk. The entire rampway is theirs. 
God of the Mountain, King of the Walk,
bantam cock rooster making his own ton of
noise. Fire on the same mountain  -  long 
brought, folded and forgotten on the fiery bush 
those stone tablets crashing to the ground. The
last landslide is up : over the pathetic hills and dales
of what is seen and what is lived. Cacophony rages  - 
fierce the storm of noise and all the letters come
jumbling down. Together. Down. 'The huge rocks
are like twin beds and the cove tide is a rug slipping
out from under us. When I am in your presence I
feel life is strong and will defeat all its enemies and
all of mine and all of yours and yours in you and
mine in me sick logic and feeble reasoning are
cured by the perfect symmetry of your arms and
lags spread out making an eternal circle together.' 
The words are written to Man-Gods of the deep;
the ones who know it all, the ones who speak.
Oh tongues of fire carry me from meanings to places
and back again : I wish to have what I wish to be.
The fifteen people embedded in this clock  are only
helping the artworld to move : MOMA in reality is
seeking its place. Five new stories, not a trace. The
men are moving Water Lilies, burned in the fire, and
singed, George Washington Crossing the Delaware,
in the fire of Spring, 1958. 'A dream of immense sadness
peers through me as if I were an action poem that
couldn't write and I am leaving for another continent
which is the same as this one goodbye.'

No comments: