Tuesday, May 20, 2014

5383. MY WHITTLED TASTE

MY WHITTLED TASTE
It all has gone down to nothing, all this :
what's left? Eyes, and words, and books.
The old kind, paper. I don't care about much 
else, for my tastes have been whittled down. All
that late-night TV, that cauldron and pit of crap
I see, means death and its own minions have won.
Myriads  -  sick people passing, dead people awake.
The Currier and Ives of the Moneychangers anew, in
their funny-grand New England palaces resuscitated
for use : bed and breakfast, nicely alliteraltive. Why not,
'fuck and food', 'ease and eat', 'farms and fornication'?
Any of that could work as well. My taste  -   you can 
see  -  has come down to nothing. I'll just park my 
new Buick where the sun doesn't shine and
maybe come back some other time.
My taste has been whittled to nothing.

No comments: