Tuesday, May 20, 2014

5382. 1967

1967
She wasn't blind though pretended to be. She took
me upstairs to meet her family. Her name was Adele
and her father was Martin. Ashcrofte went the name, 
with the 'e'. Two hours later, I was under the sheets.
Central Park spread outside, she spread within :
east 84th along Fifth Avenue. I couldn't believe
my luck, nor what it got me to do. Inside a joint
such as this, something storybook strong and all
fantasy wide. Her mother, with jewels, had just
come in from the 'Fifth Avenue Ladies Society'
Brunch. At which point, I noticed, 'Dad' left.
Financier to the stars, or some such jumble. 
New York Times, Wall Street Journal, L'Express,
Variety. I couldn't find a Daily News if I had to
wipe my own ass with it. Life is good at the top.
Why she had to play blind, I never did find out,
but a better world was there for the seeing.

No comments: