Tuesday, May 6, 2014

5329. AND EVERYTHING AT ONCE

AND EVERYTHING AT ONCE
Today is one of those days  - when nothing works.
I've got it under control, mind you, but it is still the
fact that nothing worked. All comes crashing down, 
and everything at once disappears. I have to listen to
the twaddle, the talk  :  about men taking exams, and
the railroad crew, and the eyeglass test; and the women
with spike-heels who detest the worn-out walkway
along the nearby path. 'That's why God made sneakers?',
isn't what I said. Perhaps I thought something like that.
When something was working. Now, the cache of another 
day is beginning to become unhinged. I really want to
run, and be with something else : a blue sky saddled with
lust, a dark cavern where I can just sit. There will be no
one to cry for the rain when it's all over. Nothing seems to
be worthy, nor wants to be worthy. Why then pray?
I am desperate to receive the poetry I've lost, the words 
unfrozen and ready to flow  -  the gin-mill of my mind's
making, filling with the hard liquor of my own delight.
-
I can undress that woman with my eyes, and remember 
every blight and blemish with delight. She doesn't even
know me, nor know I care. Her strange bag with a name
attached, a brand like an animal, and her luggage tag for
an airline or steamship trip. What do I know, and who?
I'll hold her hand until she dies her sleepless death  -  and
then maybe I'll better understand this sleepless life as much
as it proclaims to understand all of us. With the rising of the
sun, and the setting of a sentence, a mad jumble of words,
unfit, for for really nothing in this world at all. Today is
(simply) one of those days when nothing works at all.
-
I can see through that man, benighted knight that he is: 
hollow man, shallow man, man without a meaning. 
And he can see through me  -  all the same reasons 
and meanings being, everywhere, one and the same. 
I know where he goes,  and I know where he has been. 
I can see through that man, through his outer skin. 
The occupier is the holding man, the
man in place is holding on.

No comments: