Saturday, May 3, 2014

5317. CURTAINS

CURTAINS
But all very nice nonetheless : 'Dear Marlon, I can't
pretend that it is easy or simple to write to you. A great
theater must have an open door through which Life
flows through freely, like a stream.' And don't forget
to remember what I said. Two sandwiches and a drink.
-
I need two pass-keys for the other door.
'I'm very proud of what I've done.'
-
This Poetry stuff runs derelict, with a few heartthrobs
and a dozen drunks making it go : look at it all right
now; people sitting around five beers later, looking
faint and twisted, trying to understand what they're
trying to say. 'Edgar Allen Poe kept his head down,
too much, as it were  -  all that ersatz mystery stuff
that wasn't really any mystery at all. And then he
died, found on some sodden Baltimore street was it?'
-
I need two pass-keys for the other door.
'I'm very proud of what I've done.'
Two sandwiches and a drink.

No comments: