Monday, December 16, 2013

4842. ROMAN CARNIVAL OVERTURE

ROMAN CARNIVAL OVERTURE
That's how it's called, and I call it same  -  I love
some Berlioz any old time. Like Brahms, he's just
as much a king of gold. A man of old. Does eat oats
and mares eat oats and little lambs eat ivy. A kid'll
eat ivy too, wouldn't you? Berlioz, well the rest, I don't
know. I guess it could fit some stupid-ass rhyme.  Does
eats oats and Berlioz and little lambs eat ....
-
Give me some better gumshoe malarkey, can you?
In this darkened, narrow room, the man in the dark suit
is sitting down with a deck of cards. I don't know how
they're marked, but I know they've got to be. He even
cheats himself at solitaire. I know that for a fact.
That's how it's called and I call it same.
-
That face I remembered before, on that detective I was
watching today  -  now, I remember again why it caught
my eye. The man was growing a thin white beard. It was 
about 5 days old, I'd guess, and he already was looking
as uncomfortable as could be. That kid'll be ninety-two.
Wouldn't you?

No comments: