Thursday, December 19, 2013

4851. ALL THOSE HANDS

ALL THOSE HANDS
I can tell you straight what I think, or I can
take a long time, weaving a story, telling in
the end nothing really at all. It's all those hands
which go into the making. Were the Brooklyn
Navy Yard now to sink, where would they all
get their primo coffee from? Tell you straight?
They'd be lost or just go somewhere else.
-
There's no necessity like the need for Life.
With each breath seems to come yet another
responsibility : I see you talking, and I hear you
seeing. How difficult can either be?
-
The code-counter where I keep my medicine is
now under lock and key  -  there's a marshall coming
in from the state dispensary. I guess I'll need to
ask him what he thinks he's doing. The answer I
get will be quite the thing to hear. Or see. One
of those other conundrums I can certainly
live without. All those hands into the
building of nothing real at all. I wish
I was ten again.
-
I need a congregation of my very own
now to preach unto. All those
hands will never do.

No comments: