Saturday, December 28, 2013

4875. THINGS LIKE THIS I CAN MAKE DISAPPEAR

THINGS LIKE THIS I 
CAN MAKE DISAPPEAR
Your wallet, your heart, and your car. I am, after all,
quite talented in these spheres. My globe is the sponge
of your head, grown into circular motions, while you
looked away. That was your watch I just took. Your
entire self, I'm hoping, is next.
-
You'd better not put your feet up on that footstool right
there  -  unless you wish to walk home with no shoes.
The light in my alleyway is a stolen illumination, and it
will not last long. Scabrous tales they tell of me, those
storytellers, those monsters, and those who make things
up. I've clenched a bible in these teeth for so long
my overbite is garish by now : listen up, I offer you
this  -  take my hand, I won't bite; things like this
I can make disappear.
-
There's a panel in your love space where the folds
intersect and overlap  -  if the world should end
right now, I would still remember that.

No comments: