Saturday, December 7, 2013

4814. BRACKISH WATER DELUGE

BRACKISH WATER DELUGE
Garth Hudson, Garth Brooks, Garth whomever  -  
all the men of this foreign legion are escaping.
'You have a nice doggie,' she said. I replied,
'Yes, thanks; and you have a nice pussy though
I don't often see it on the porch. What else
do you do?' 'Fishing, boating, archery  -  all
the stuff no one does on the mainland. I don't 
think I've ever been bored.'  Yes, just like that.
-
Then the counselor came down from his steps :
'You take a lot of chances for a lad of 23.' I
smiled back : 'It's all true, it's all real, and it's
me. You don't call that music, do you?' I
could tell that slovenly bastard was a crank.
-
Forevermore the morrow. I walked into the
store of John Derian, on e2nd street wishing to
break every plate I'd see. Roses and flowers and
butterflies and lilies -  all this pinpoint shit on
lacquered plates and dishes. Instead I sat down
asked for tea. 'We don't have anything of that sort,'
the lady said  -  not a lady I guess, just some too
swank girl from The New School or NYU. You
know the kind : doing a paper on Tuesday, doing
you the very next day. Forever the morrow, yeah.

No comments: