Thursday, December 26, 2013

4867. I'M NOT SERIOUS

I'M NOT SERIOUS
(carabinieri to the heart)
I'm not serious to say I live for fun and reap the
results of every pinnacle's high joke. This is the
handy mountain, the top of the lip, the view that
runs all the way to the Tiber. What care I now for
sadness and gloom? I watch the pasta eaters in a
form of dream, twirling their forks with intentions
and minding their own meat's business. They say,
in Italy, that traffic lights are 'for advisement only'.
I can understand, thereby, the black Fiat whizzing
by and the old yellow Alfa taking the sidewalk route.
-
Once I knew grammar and what everything meant : the
very stitch of a sentence and comma. Now, by contrast, 
a thousand supple tongues are yapping and lashing at
me, and I understand nothing except the silence of my 
own lusty wishes. That nicely tuned woman over there,
turning her back to her man, wants me to look twice at 
her vehicular face : the tread and the roadway of 
someone's desire. This traffic light advises 'Stop!'.
-
Glitterati and the rich; all those wealthy mavens of
marriage for money  -  things the padres and the popes
all have blessed. Make love for children only; forget making
love for the love of money; that's only what bad girls do.

No comments: