Tuesday, July 21, 2020

12,984. UNENDING RECTITUDE

UNENDING RECTITUDE
I tried to tell my Mother, I tried
to tell my Pa, back when they were
alive, that I was always right. That
there wasn't any use objecting to
me. But they never listened and 
just kept going along their way.
-
The silly-furniture, the laughing
garb, the suits of clouds and fever,
I had all those things too. But no
on had ever understood me, nor
did they know what it was I had. 
Do you know how hard it was
to live with myself?
-
Everything I undertook seemed
made of weirder stuff than normal
things would ever be. The lady
who squirted me with her garden
hose; the creepy cop who always
stopped to ream my out. There
should have been a law, and it
should not have been him.
-
I passed all quarters and eventually
just moved away; to other places 
where I didn't have to talk, where 
no one knew me, where my playing
card was never punched and I had a
free access to most everywhere.
-
I liked it there, and I learned that
secret language really well.



No comments: