Saturday, July 18, 2020

12,983. DREADING THE GOAL POST

DREADING THE GOAL POST
They don't make angel food cake
any more. I figure, rightly, there'd 
not be much gain in that these days.
Even the local Busy-Marts out
across Pennsylvania can offer the
moon but can't sell you that  - the
angel food cake I made mention of.
-
Have you ever had it? I can still
remember what a weird difference
in texture and taste it had, from any
regular cake  -  I guess it was eggs
or milk that did it; maybe even some
extra sugar, as it was kind of sweet.
-
I never did understand it : Angel Food?
Like that other concoction, Ambrosia?
food of the Gods, or something. Too
much information for me to ever care
over, and it winds up anyway getting
sold in a small plastic tub, for a 
buck-seventy-nine. I had it once
in Honesdale. Never again.
-
Like a distant kicker, at the end of the
field....dreading the goal post once more.

No comments: