Tuesday, September 26, 2017

9978. ONE DAY I FELT LIKE I WAS BLEEDING

ONE DAY I FELT 
LIKE I WAS BLEEDING
One day I felt like I was bleeding, from
everywhere at once : my eyes, my fingernails,
my teeth, the back of my head, and my ears.
My navel and my toes. My eyes. It was
unstoppable, and I just went through that 
entire day dealing with it. Mentally, I mean,
as if it was real; as if it was all going on.
As if I was leaving a trail, everywhere
I went. Strangest feeling in the world,
that day, the whole day. Until I got to
a restaurant, I was OK, and then the guy
said, in answer to 'Sir, how do like your
steak served?' he says 'Bloody.' I nearly
died and wanted to stab him with a fork.
It finally went away, I guess, while I was
sleeping  -  though at first I felt as if I were
floating on a very broad sea of red water.

No comments: