Wednesday, September 27, 2017

9985. JAM PEACH HEAD SELECTION

JAM PEACH HEAD SELECTION
Once there was the midnight hour, and I
saw it and let it go : my career pumpkin
turned back into a car, and I was nowhere
going. The same thing, once, when I first
learned of drinking Bourbon. You twist
your face and belt it down. That first swig,
a real surprise. After that, you're standing
good, or you've fallen down. I see a lot of
mindless cops, in my line of work. Ha,
made you look. I don't have one, but they
do, so you'd think they'd watch. And that's
all they do. Extra work on a day off, perhaps,
to watch a construction site or a road crew 
work. They just stand out and look pretty
beat. What the use of any of that is, I'll 
never know, because you sure can't enforce 
by a bad example. Glum lawman with a gun,
leaning on a car, so bored. Rip it up, and
rest assured, things get better with age.
-
Now, back again, the dark is all around
me. I walk to look out, but what's that ever
mean? Why are there reasons for most every
thing, but that emptiness still stays inside?
It's a philosophical dead end, and that's what 
needs guarding. People die for less.

No comments: