Friday, September 29, 2017

10,004. WITH A MESSAGE

WITH A MESSAGE
With a message my new potato
came home to stay and I left the
water running to clean it. I thought
we'd see eye to eye soon enough,
and then the funny man with the
bleeding Buick, he came over.
-
This was a certain type of reverie for
a certain type a day : like a Tuesday,
with curtains, and hob-nail boots.
-
Perspicacious and overturned, the 
paint bucket trying telling me something 
but I paid it no mind and walked away 
while Calhoun bled. That was my dog's 
last other name. At the sideboard
where we kept its food.
-
The lady named Jill, she too had 
something to say, so I let her and then 
I tried kissing her hair. Mentioning 
how I'd always wanted to write something 
that could not be understood, she got up 
and said, 'I think you just did.'

No comments: