Tuesday, September 12, 2017

9934. DO NO HANDSTANDS ON KENNERLEY RIDGE

DO NO HANDSTANDS ON KENNERLEY RIDGE
And that will be simple to abide by, 
the rule of ages like that : the last 
man standing is last man who tried.
-
I sometimes have horrific dreams.
It's been said I should write them down
but my hands are usually shaking so bad
I come back unable to read what I wrote.
-
I think kids used to get that way when they
broke something : the lamp at Grandma's, or
Uncle Bob's green-glass vase from France.
He'd brought it back from the war with him,
and all I've done is go ahead and broken it.
-
Let's stop here for the night; I'm so tired of
just walking. There's a campfire we can light,
somewhere in this pack. No, not really, and
I'm just kidding. They don't make ready-made
campfires yet. So let's just make lover here,
on the ground, beneath all these distant stars.

No comments: