Friday, September 8, 2017

9924. MINDY O

MINDY O
I used to buy coffee in the morning.
It was great fun. Early each day. All
alone. I won't say I had my own private
seat, but I sort'a did. Sort'a  -  what kind
of word is that? Slang? Or just abbreviation?
Something meant to shorten the amount of
letters? You're only leaving out an 'f' really;
not saving anything by adding an apostrophe 
and that 'a'. Sort of useless.
-
Like calling that coffee 'Joe'  - I used to have
to do that too. Descriptive phrase stuff to order
what you wanted. 'Double roomy Joe.' Basically
a large coffee with room for milk I guess. But
it was always too fussy and mixed : like maybe
a truckdriver who'd call it 'cup a' Joe' (why I
don't know), but would never get into all
that other lingo about the fussy stuff  -  how
much 'milk' and how large a cup. A truckdriver
just doesn't care about all that categorizing.
-
Like Charles Darwin, on parade. Each
morning, with the categories and tangential
delineations about the this and the that. Yet,
I totally enjoyed the people  - same sort of
crew each morning, with only varied differences.
Sweet girls and sweet guys too. And a couple of
ruffians, here and there, along the way. Do I 
miss all that, and them? Yeah. I do. Sort'a too.
Nowadays anyway everything's funny as Hell.
Just before, when I wrote tangential, I realized
all the possibilities of today at large : I could have
written 'tangenital,' yes, but even moreso now
'transgenital.' No one would even blink,
(and what would Spellcheck think?).

No comments: