Sunday, September 3, 2017

9906. ALL TELESCOPE, NO STARS

ALL TELESCOPE, NO STARS
I can prance with the best of them sounding
out my charms and dislikes. Entitled to an
attitude, and privileged to have it go past
whichever thing it is I want  -  whistling
past the graveyard with a shovel in the
ground. There's a definite lunatic in
mausoleum #510. I come here in the
hopes that  -  at this deep night  -  it's
maybe the darkest place around. But
it turns out it's not that at all : The same 
streetlights and airport lights and factory 
illuminations as everywhere else, except 
now they're not factories just parking lot 
lamps. And even the dead here are gone.
-
My own veins and arteries are broken. I
should just live in one of these boxes, like
that guy I mentioned in #510. I see him
sometimes  -  he's been here since 1907,
prancing about for hours at a time in the
dark of light, escaped or crawled out from
whatever he lives in. If he does. When the
dead re-awake, it's past frenzy, past any
excitement at all. Like terror in some
grocer's aisle, tomatoes talking, heads of
lettuce rolling dice. You should see this guy :
A really rapt form of self-absorption.
'I used to smell,' he says, 'but now I'm
dried out, my bones are brittle but no
matter to that for I've got no body for 
them to hold up. And that odor's gone.
Oh Death, be never so proud as me.'

No comments: