Friday, August 22, 2014

5818. YOU SEEM TO ACT DISTRACTED

YOU SEEM TO 
ACT DISTRACTED
(I recognize nothing)
You seem to act distracted to me, one little
finger everywhere. No concentration anywhere.
All those things combine to make me doubtful.
There's nothing new in any of this; it's all been
done before  -  as if reviewing the reviews the
act has picked up a new flash. I am a camera,
just watching, and do not recognize what I see.
-
There is a language of walls. Nigger words and
shouts, stuff painted on the sides of railcars and
bridges. Voracious oaths and cries for attention
and help. Everywhere I go, I can sit back and
watch it all pass  -  window attractions, the
fat girls with the big ass. It gets funny sometimes.
-
White folks are even worse  -  they come at the
picture from angles oblique, expecting that their
righteousness will be tolerated at all costs. Again,
with no other chance, I am forced to listen to their
blather  -  entitlements, beachfront homes, the daughter's
faint wedding. It's mostly guilt and aggression, any of
this. No matter who'd doing it, the end result is the same.
Human waste, a human loss, a meaningless living, a game.
-
I recognize nothing.

No comments: