Wednesday, August 6, 2014

5653. MY BELLY GROAN

MY BELLY GROAN
I wandered, aimless as a child, happy as a
lark. Stretching my own image, like a balloon
at some sunlit party, I distorted what I was, or
was to be : or, if it was distorted, it was never
me. Anyway. Skip the matter Lady Jane.
-
Vivienne Westwood? Yeah, I knew her. All
that Saville Row stuff, and whatever it ever 
meant, Malcolm McLaren, Sandra Rhodes, 
Leigh Bowery, what the fuck! I went to the 
Alternative Miss World thing, in 1972; the one 
where Gerald Incandela showed as 'Miss Synthetic.' 
What any of those fools back then were thinking,
I'll still and ever never know. All another time and 
place, and a world without slots or meanings now.
-
Take the hammer down, blast me through with a
happy window. Oh little lamb, who made thee?

No comments: