Tuesday, August 5, 2014

5650. BY DEGREES

BY DEGREES
Fifteen years behind the times, I grow ragged and
steely cold about everything I see. The horizon is a
premise : judge and jury together on my life. If
ever some science could prove it, I agree that
Heaven and Hell co-exist on this Earth.
-
The pet store is selling fishes; water, water
everywhere, and not a drop to drink. I love to
watch the skitter and squirm of an unlucky fish
being netted : some fourteen-ninety-five catch
for a punk hoodie from the nearby projects.
'I got a tank filled with killer Oscars alone.'
-
I want to wear a white suit, something like Mark
Twain, and just run away : find me a river to float
away on. Someone said that too, a long time back.
Fifteen years behind the times, at least. I grow
ragged and cold about everything I see.

No comments: