Monday, August 4, 2014

5647. ON TUESDAY

ON TUESDAY
(unfinished things)
No fixed exchange, only stupid bankers dawdling their
time, walking around in cheap blue shirts trying to
stay clean. There's no language better than the words
of deceit and falsehood. I learn a new tongue every day.
-
C'mon over when you want to; I have a fine, new car.
We can drive around to see the sights you should be
seeing every day. Why not? What more than this is 
there? Let me live this life, even in the pain I'm in.
-
I put aside the history book, realizing we'd never get to
the end  :  they never finish these things. Before you know
it, you've only gotten to the War of 1812, or maybe to
Chickamauga, and then the school year's over. What to
do but put that book away and squander idle time.
-
The essence of good food is the savory sense of caring.
I never did; one slice of this is as good as any other
slice of anything else. A blind man, on a galloping horse,
he too would never know the difference. Like I never finished
History, I never finished my food. Mom was always yelling.

No comments: