Monday, August 11, 2014

5678. HERE AT THE HANGING

HERE AT THE HANGING
(a better bumper sticker)
The party was even started and the party
was over. Someone cut the limb from the
tree and 'all fall down', as is said. I had a
rock-a-bye baby headache right then, and
my mismatched feelings were tough. She
held a lamp and a wax-filled bucket : hot
to the touch, yet intrepid. 'My gosh,' said
the jailer, 'they worry about so many things.'
-
That was a while back; everything passed 
and no repercussions ensued. I went with my 
high-hats to Wave Hill just to squander the view.
Oh, that bold Hudson was sunning in its own,
grand, view. Stunning too! 'Sit with me awhile,
let's just take this all in.' Some yellowed tourists
were smoking; cameras and hats and all that.
-
Parking one's automobile along a ledge is a
skill to be learned. The shine of wax finishes
glisten  -  to the point sometimes of annoyance.
I once knew a guy who had a bumper-sticker
on his car that read 'a shiny car is a sign of a 
sick mind.' I think it referred to the idea of
wasting all that time. Polish, the wax, the 
rubbing, the cloth. (One does what one 
does, but do what one ought).

No comments: