Thursday, August 21, 2014

5814. DETECTING HIGH ENERGY

DETECTING HIGH ENERGY
The thin scientist was droning in, his sight-fall as
this as his pocket protector, decibels of sound, lengths
of of exposure, laser-lines and quantum non-presence.
Recalling distant days, I though how strange it was that
time enfolded as it did, right over today with things from
then  -  like the quark, or whatever he was getting at, we
are only where we just were, we are not here, no presence
but the detect of movement. Ghostly and spectral, my thoughts
were in tune. I can sing his medley, but I'd never play his
instrument. The thought of being captive, me in him, like a 
man in a straight-jacket explaining Freedom to others; the 
entire un-free idea just did not work. I excused myself. I 
left Loeb Hall. I just had to get outside and laugh.

No comments: