Tuesday, August 12, 2014

5682. CHESTNUT

CHESTNUT
My carriage is a little off  -  only just a bit  -
today. Nothing enough to be ruinous, only
watchful. These are but ideas, and they work
twice : once upon inception, and again to
implement. Overall, the world is nice, but
still I hope to change it. As the conductor
said about today - 'It's good! We're here,
and we've got our health! OK!'
-
I cannot always make things right, myself.
Sometimes there's a quaint devil in the
opening  -  something quiet and staring
forth. I butter the bread with havoc : 
a blend of mayhem and froth.
-
Who is Chestnut? What does that mean? 
Like a dreamtime 'Rosebud', all charmed 
and waiting, we are the snow-covered Alp 
of our own making. Waiting in place.
Like a fast car, with big back tires and 
a hot-axled rear, we're headed for good
times in a hurry. I can only count the
moments. The child in me lives.

No comments: