Wednesday, April 30, 2014

5307. ANOTHER LIFE

ANOTHER LIFE
In a misunderstood radiance, the moments divide
themselves : here the fenceline sags, there the
workshed leans. I've spent five years like this, in
a fictional homburg, wearing a sliced coat and a 
a shell-fish hat, just thinking about moves. 
Bobby Fischer, Boris Spassky, nineteen 
hundred and seventy two.
-
Just then it was : my farmfield, comprised of idle
acres  - we mowed for hay that Summer, while I
worked for milk. The old red toolbarn, twice as tall
as a man, half a bungalow long, ended up standing
for everything I'd ever known. I made a workshed
out of it; some chains on the wall, bookshelves and a
table with chair, from which to write. And I did.
-
Nothing ever changes like that which changes one's
mind. I found a new world, and another life.

No comments: