Monday, April 14, 2014

5247. FAKE HOUSE

FAKE HOUSE
You know them, they live by the lake; where the
anglers come by on nice weekends and fish from the
backs of their cars and vans. Small campfires dot the
sand, music blares, some kids dance at night and who
knows what else. Nothing here goes on once, it all
happens again and again. Everyone enjoys a
personal spectacle.
-
The mighty Jane and the mighty Jack are lifting weights
on the edge of the corner, if you know what I mean  -  
their shadows are thrown by a Coleman onto the canvas
of their feeble tent. Lift, drop, up, down, over and over,
counting the reps. How, I wonder, is fishing at night
any different; and if so who knows the difference;
wide-eyed fish, staring baleful and shocked on the
grass, or the hunters, with their nighttime hooks?
-
I tend to remain as aloof as I can from the real  :
nothing I'd wish to enter, seeking  -  as I am  -  
only other things. Truth, Beauty, and Goodness, 
let's call them; very difficult are they
to get on a physical hook.

No comments: